Regulations & Product Standards
- Part B – Fire Safety: Consider which doors need to be fire rated and ensure you choose appropriate ironmongery such as hardware that is fire certified. Remember, fire doors have to be fitted in strict accordance to the instructions to comply with Part B regulations.
- Part M – Mobility: Depending on the position and potential application of a door, consideration also needs to be given to mobility. This can influence decisions, such as the type and height of handles, and which door closers are used.
- Part Q - Security: Crime prevention is an important consideration when building or renovating homes. To mitigate the risks of burglary, external doors to new properties are required by document Part Q of regulations to meet the PAS24 security standard or equivalent. Denleigh provides a range of external doorsets and compliant ironmongery certified to PAS24:2016 and ‘Secured by Design’ standards.
Our products comply with a range of British and European industry standards as required by regulations. These include:
- BS EN 1906 – Lever Handle and Knob Furniture
European and British standardisation for door furniture.
- BS EN 12209 – Locks and Latches
European and British standardisation for mechanically operated locks, latches and locking plates.
- BS EN 1935 – Hinges
European and British standardisation for single-axis hinges.
- BS EN 1154 – Door Closing Devices
European and British standardisation for the performance of controlled door closing devices.
Warranties, Guarantees & ISO9001
Warranties & Guarantees
- Door Warranty: We typically offer a limited 5 year warranty on our doors, covering against major defects such as warps or splits. This warranty is contingent on the correct preparation and installation of the doors according to our guidelines. As a natural product, variations in colour, grain, texture and tone are not considered a manufacturing fault. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for further information (available on request).
- Ironmongery Guarantees: We supply products from leading manufacturers where a mechanical guarantees is often provided. A number of locks and door furniture products also will come with product warranties, providing extra reassurance of performance and longevity. Please check the guarantee for the item you have purchased or speak to one of our advisors.
Company UKAS Certification
It is important to check that the supplier you choose to work with conforms to the highest standards and has an excellent quality management system in place, as this will greatly reduce the risk of error. Denleigh is proud to have achieved UKAS certification after successfully implementing an ISO9001:2015 quality management system. The ISO9001 UKAS certification ensures that products and services are continually improved and consistently meet customer’s requirements.